Sunday 15 June 2008

Strictly star blamed herself for affair

'Strictly Come Dancing' star Alesha Dixon has revealed that she blamed herself for her husband's affair.
The 29-year-old singer told Company magazine that she was devastated when she found out that her husband, rapper MC Harvey, was having an affair with singer Javine Hylton.
Dixon said: "It was like my whole world had just collapsed around me. I thought, 'what have I done to deserve this?'"
"I'm a big believer in karma, and I felt I must have done something to invite it into my life. I tried to take the blame."
The former Misteeq singer said she was also angry after recently discovering that former bosses had wanted her to shed some weight.
"I found out the other day that, a while ago, some old bosses asked someone to have a word with me about losing weight. It's disgusting."
She said: "I'm not overweight and I'm not skinny, so to tell me to lose weight - what kind of message is that to girls?"
Dixon also revealed that she put her wedding dress on eBay after her marriage fell apart.
"It turned out the person who bid for it was a hoaxer, so I took it off eBay and never put it back up," she said.